Tuesday 13 July 2010

Thai Beef Salad

With all the hot weather we've been having lately, even I lose my appetite, (I know, hard to believe). So as a result we've been having more salads, but I don't mean a bit of iceberg lettus and tomatoes and cucumber, I mean serious salads like this one.

Thai beef salad, I found the recipe on-line and decided to try it, my husband LOVES steak, so do the kids, especially the eldest, so went down a treat!

If you fancy trying it to, here's the recipe.

For 4 people

2 steaks, weighing total weight of 500g, cut about 1 inch thick.

1 Chinese leaf
2 carrots
4 spring onions
10 radishes
2 tbsp chopped coriander & mint
hand full of roasted peanuts

Dressing:
6 tbsp thai sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 lime, zest & juice

Heat a griddle pan till its smoking.
Brush the steak with olive oil and grill the steak for 3 - 6 mins on each side, depending on how you like your steak.
Take off pan, let it rest for 5 mins.

Finely chop the Chinese leaf, chop your carrots & spring onions into sticks, slice the radishes, add half the coriander and mint.

Mix the dressing, pour half over the salad and give it good mix.

Plate up, top with sliced steak, drizzle remaining dressing and sprinkle remaining coriander & mint, throw on some peanuts. Yummy, spicy and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment