Friday 9 July 2010

Chocolate brownies


As you can see from the little piece about me, I love baking.

So I thought why not share some of the recipes I have with anyone out there interested in trying them.

Here's my recipe for chocolate brownies, which whenever I make never last for long, and everyone who tries them absolutely loves them, especially my step children, (what bigger compliment)!

200g dark chocolate
150g butter
225g caster sugar
3 eggs
150g plain flour
1tsp baking powder

20cm square tin lined with greaseproof paper.
180 degrees or 160 degrees for fan ovens.

Once you've switched your oven on and prepared your tin, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water.

Once completely melted, take the bowl off the pan and add the sugar, stir until the sugar has dissolved.

Add the eggs one by one and mix after each addition.

Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well.

Pour into your prepared tin and make for 35-45 mins.

The surface should be crispy and the centre should be moist, check its cooked by inserting a skewer and if it comes out clean, its down. Let it sit in the tin for 10mins then remove and cut into 9 squares.

Make yourself a cuppa and sample one whilst still warm from the oven to quality assure your batch! ;) Be warned, these won't hang about for long.

There were only 2 left by the time I got round to taking a pic!

1 comment:

  1. It looks very yummy mashallah. I am gonna try the recipe, insha-Allah. You must be a good cook sis. Do share your recipes insha-Allah. Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete